We all know our bedroom can get a bit stale smelling, particularly during cooler weather when the windows are closed more often. My favourite tips for keeping my bedroom smelling fresh are:
- Put a few drops essential oil on a cotton ball & place in a little bowl and keep in your bedroom. Replace each week. Use an oil like lavender, you don’t want something zingy and fresh as it might keep you awake at night.
- Open windows every day to let some fresh air in.
- When dusting, use some essential oil on your dusting cloth, this will leave a pleasant, long lasting fragrance in your room
- When you wash your sheets, also put your doona or bedspread out on the line in the sun for a few hours (you don’t need to wash it each time). The sun and breeze freshen it up and also get rid of any dust mites.
- Wardrobes can smell very musty, particularly if there has been a lot of rain. You can also put a couple of cotton wool balls with essential oil in your wardrobe – be careful not to put the oil on any clothing items.
- Place a container of moisture reducing crystals in the bottom of your wardrobe. You can buy these at the supermarket (they are called “closet camels”). Keep these away from little children.
What are your favourite tips for keeping your bedroom smelling fresh? I’d love to hear them and share them with others.